Forums for interactive intellectual dialogues provide platforms where a specific topic is discussed in detail by a subject matter expert for an hour, followed by a question-answer session. Topics range from National Security, Economy, Ecology, Socio-religious issue, Women Safety, or a few socio-scientific classical topics. Analysis of contemporary issues forms public opinion. These forums are run across the state under various banners like Manthana, Varthamana, etc.,
Around 25 fourms are active in Karnataka. Manthana in Bengaluru, Vartamana in Davanagere, Samalochana Vedike in Udupi, Citizen’s Council in Mangaluru , etc., are a few to name.
- In 2012 Manthana organized statewide seminars through its intellectual forums on topics related to UPA Government’s proposed Muslim University at Srirangapattana of Mysore, which was clearly a violation of secular fabric of the Constitution.
- On the above issue, the lectures given in Manthana platforms by Dr. S L Bhairappa, Dr. Chidananda Murthy, Prof. Rakesh Sinha of Delhi and several other thinkers were published as a report in the media. It successfully generated public opinion. As result, Government withdrew its proposal.
- These forums are grooming many writers, thinkers and influencing the public opinions in many places.
- Take part in existing forums as a team member to organize events.
- Start new platforms in your area and organize talks.
- Organize program in colleges / universities on topics of national and social interest.
- Listing target audience of the area, making a comprehensive email list. Identifying the people who can attend the program.
- Usage email/social media for the campaign of the event.
- Pre and post events works such as stage management, anchoring etc, taking report/photos, documenting the program etc.