Because of the increased awareness Increase in Health benefits and care for environment Organic Products are gaining popularity. However, few of Branded Organic items are too expensive with their sources unknown.
Hence to bridge the gap between organic farmers and consumers by connecting directly with farmers, initiatives like monthly Organic Mela @ Rashtrothhana, Bangalore and also at Sahitya Kendra, Mangalore have been started. Plans to have mobile organic store coming to apartments and tech parks in Bangalore are also in pipeline.
Savayava Krishi Pariwara (Federation of Organic farming families) is promoting this cause.
Example of residents connecting:LBS Nagar IT Milan members formed a dedicated team called “Sakriya” (Savayava Krishi Abhiyaan) along with members of LB Shastri Nagar locality.
Though the initiative is in infancy the support received by consumers is overwhelming. Also the since farmers directly interact with the consumers, together with better money returns to products farmers working on ground level are getting the feedback and inputs on consumer needs.
Bengaluru and Mangaluru
- Purchasing Organic Product onsite or pre-order
- Providing place & connecting interested people in apartments to have organic mela
- Publicity through social media and word of mouth
- Door-to-door campaign
- Blogging about the effort
- Poster Creation and Distribution across various apartments
- Serving Organic delicacies during Mela
- Suggest process improvements
- Create Organic consumers forum/network
Savayava Krishi Pariwara
Krishi Nivasa, Kuruvalli, Thirthahalli – 577432
Tel: 08181 228340 / 229340
E-mail : [email protected]
Aruna – 9449623275, Anand – 9448204831
Contact : Gaurav Srivastava (98806-73500), Saraja Puranik (98451-67297)