Balbharati is primarily conducted within apartment premises by the residents for their children (5-11 years). The objective of Balbharti to enhance moral & social values, to know our cultural & national heritage, team building and affection between children, Health awareness through Yoga, Skill development through of Art & Crafts
Balbharati is a project of IT Milan, RSS. IT Milan members are the prime coordinators in their respective areas.
Typical Format (can be adapted as per need) :
Initial invocation Shloka 5 min
Suryanamskaar/Yoga 10 min
Moral story telling 10 min
Patriotic song/Bhajan 10 min
Team games 20 min
Shanti Mantra 2 min
- “Vande Mataram” our national song sung by Balbharati on Independence day at Sobha Daffodil, HSR Layout
- Waste reduction initiative by the Balbharati team (carry your own shopping bag)
- Tree plantation
- Clay-ganesha workshop in several apartments in LB Shastri Nagar.
- More than 100 children prepared eco-friendly Ganesha.
- Balbharati children across the apartment sang patriotic song in Republic day event through their own initiative
- Sankranti get-together and Rangoli by Balbharati children in Chitrakoot Environs, Basava-Nagar
All areas in Bengaluru. To be started in Mangaluru and Mysore
- Team work & Time punctuality
- Group Discipline
- Concentration during story telling
- Increased knowledge and interest about cultural & national heritage
- Health awareness
- Access to patriotic songs & Indigenous games
- Contributing with poems and articles to Balbharati magazine
Mothers or Sisters who conduct Balbharati have also shared their experiences:
- Helps mitigate Stage fear
- Showcase their talent that was earned during school or college days
- Sharing their knowledge & skills with children.
- Satisfaction of contributing towards national cause
- Shikshikas training others and spreading the awareness.
- Be a tcoordinator / teacher in Balbharati centre
- Start a new Balbharati centre in your apartment / locality
- Be a resource person to train Balbharati teachers
- Contact your friends and influence them to start a new Balbharati center in their apartment
- Give publicity through social media / TV / print media
Approx. 20 Balbharati centers in Bengaluru with more than 300 kids attend. Needs to be started in other cities.